Working Safely at Heights
This face-to-face course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to conduct work safely at heights. Training includes identifying legislative requirements, working at height permits, selecting and inspecting equipment, risk management and performing work activities whilst working at heights
Our Working Safely at heights equipment (Harness, lanyard, etc.) are all certified products under Australian Standards (AS) and have a maximum capacity of 136kg. Should you fall outside of these specifications please contact WTCWA prior to booking a heights course to discussed options and ensure equipment availability to their requirements.
Units of Competency
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
Extra Value and Information for You
By the end of this course students will be able to:
• Identify hazards and the appropriate control measures
• Identify, select and inspect safety equipment
• Inspect and fit a harness correctly
• Identify and plan scope of work
• Identify the correct fall injury prevention system (FIPS) for working at heights
• Practice using a fall injury prevention system (FIPS)
• Complete an emergency response rescue plan
• Handle tools and equipment safely at heights.