This face-to-face course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to use electronic gas testers to test the working atmosphere to find out if it is safe for proposed work. Training includes selecting and inspecting equipment, risk management, identifying and applying legislative requirements and using an electronic gas tester. Students will also be able to record/report that the working atmosphere is safe before and during conducting work safely in a confined space.
Units of Competency
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
- By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Recognise and assess conditions that require testing
- Select, prepare and use gas testing equipment
- Test atmosphere for gases
- Read, interpret and record readings from a gas test monitor
- Maintain gas testing equipment.